Wednesday, March 5, 2008

MyPhone S22 Duo Slider

The MyPhone S22 Duo Slider is the second dual-sim card mobile phone released by MyPhone series. Although this is the first ever slider phone to have a dual-sim card capability. My first concern regarding the exterior design is the front screen which seems a finger print magnet. But when I got hold of it, it's not that bad. It has a 1.3-megapixel camera cmos (by the way, CCD has better shots), 3D surround speakers for a louder and clearer audio, and an expansion slot that supports up to 1 gig micro-SD transflash (not enough!). But what surprised me is when I used it as my music player overnight and it didn't even drained half of the battery's charge. If you're in search of a basic dual-sim card mobile phone who's not much into taking photos and surfing the net, then this is a good choice.


MY REVIEW
Pros:
1. the size and design (neat-looking)
2. great speakers
3. battery charge lasts loooooong
4. light weight

Cons:
1.could've had a more decent camera
2. very limited expansion size

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bought this S22 phone last february 2008 and have been using it since. I bought this phone specifically for the dual active sim feature, and it delivers in that aspect. But I recently got to hate this phone because of it's VERY POOR RECEPTION. I use a smart line as the primary sim and a sun sim as the secondary card, and I work in Ilocos. The area I work in has admittedly weak signal strength from smart, and this results in garbled incoming audio during a phone conversation. My friends' phones (nokia or sony) have better signal reception when I put my sim into their units, so I know it's the phone that has the problem. But if I am at a location where there is a strong signal from smart, the reception is acceptable. Texting is also "sluggish" as the delay between keypresses and when the character appears on the screen is slow. The keyboard responsiveness of the nokia 2100 is MUCH BETTER. This phone is quite good if you primarily use your phone to make and receive calls, and you are in an area with strong signal from your mobile carrier. Otherwise, you will probably end up like me, frustrated and ready to hurl this phone out the window.